Debt... It's A Bitch!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Guide on Getting Through Valentine's Day


You might look at the title of this and come to the natural conclusion that going solo in the sex department with Miss KY is the way to handle the foreboding task of making it through the holiday that makes single people weep, but a word of caution must be delivered to my fellow bohemians... keep your eyes open. I initially thought a list of innocuous, yet humorous tasks could fill that shitty, single feeling you get when having to live though every February 14th, but this year I can honestly say Im not bitter about being single. Im not lonely. Im not depressed. Im not shaking my fists at the heavens asking why Im not married, or busy procreating, even in the midst of all of my friends getting engaged or married. I am in fact at peace with who I am. Let me explain ass wipes.

Of late Im realizing that no encounter lacks hidden significance. We have interactions every day that shape our very being and if these interactions are valid and we believe they are, then we have to acknowledge some sort of devine intervention. Maybe Im snowballing here, but if you believe in those meetings, then Im guessing you believe in a God of some sort. Let me go further into the rabit hole and mention contentment. I feel to be truely content is to be in love with the present, the moment... embracing it as your soul mate. Each second you have the right to live how you want to, in that second.
NO IM NOT HIGH (but I have been up for 28 hours straight)

Dont try and control your circumstance this Valentines Day, instead embrace the holiday as you are. To paraphrase something that I read of late, "trying to conrol your contenmnet is like wanting Easter without Good Friday." You have to get the total package to truely appreciate the coming future, and that does not excuse you from excluding the present. So embrace it because it will make you more whole, and when that special someone does come down the line, itll make all the single V-Days seem like a great learning experience. And what the hell... have a beer. Just don't get caught urinating on venerated objects.

1 comment:


THE MAN WITH ANSWERS IN TIME OF GREAT MORAL CRISIS