Debt... It's A Bitch!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Shoe-Leather Express

A couple months back I came to a pivotal moment where I stood in the mirror and looked at myself. Normally I stare at my body and admire the physique Zeus would clearly envy, but I pondered the meaning of my God-given exoskeleton and realized it was high time I put it to good use. Should I model? Nah... Id put a lot of talentless people out of work and would feel bad about causing an economic upheaval, so I enlisted in a local half-marathon. (P.S. I hope you people know I'm full of shit when it comes to anything cosmopolitan). Since this life changing decision I've spent every waking hour on the tread mill. I signed up for it before everyone else thought it would be cool to run for Haiti, but I rationalized it by saying I would run for JWOWW. I realized this was a mistake when I knew even Pauly couldn't break up her relationship with some pizza delivery guy she "loved" on the "Jersey Shore"... damn it, I'm on a tangent. But I returned to my roots and decided it was best just to run, because I love to. However, only running can be quite the bore. Its like watching the movie "Tremors", you can do it a lot, but sometimes you need some spice... every now and then you need a little "Starship Troopers". Ive been able to supplement my training by doing eclectic exercises including speed hiking, spinning, and... snow shoeing.

Its no secret I've been longing to take my only cool Christmas present out since I unwrapped them, but what I got was a whirlwind of bliss and a challenging workout. I spent two days unleashing my inner Daniel Boone by venturing onto lakes and up to mountain tops. It was therapeutic, adventurous and it aided in my workout to run the 13.1 coming up in April. Part of the fun for me is new and interesting ways I can work a sweat. The same formulaic shit won't cover it. But running and cardiovascular workouts can be so much fun and inventive if left to the imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie, the snow shoe pictures looked like fun. You should figure out a way to combine snow shoeing, running, and shooting together into one massive fat burning cardio boosting program. Then write a diet book and reap the rewards.

    ReplyDelete


THE MAN WITH ANSWERS IN TIME OF GREAT MORAL CRISIS